Friday, July 29, 2011

Some House Updates


These are things that I’ve put together, all by myself.  I’m looking forward to mowing my lawn tonight once it cools down a bit.

My porch just needed a cute little porch swing.  It gets evening shade so I've enjoyed sitting on it a few times already!
I think this little push mower will be just the right size for my tiny little lawn.  



Yay, ME!

My IKEA rugs.  Cute, right?
Somehow, I got talked into going to IKEA on its Grand Opening day in Denver (by my usual partner-in-crime, Ingrid).  It was not nearly as crazy as I thought it would be.  It was a fun adventure.  It felt like going to LA or San Francisco for the afternoon, since the only times I’d ever been to that store before were in those cities.  We figured we had walked about two miles inside, we made friends with lots of children (who were interested in Arthur:  “Look, mom, a doctor dog!”), and I only spent $8 and bought two rugs for my kitchen floor.  In my opinion, it’s Disneyland for adults.  *sigh.  Welcome to Denver, IKEA.  Thank you for coming.  Now if we could just get a Trader Joes….

This is my other favorite new addition to the home décor.  Clearance at Pier One.  Yes, please.

It's possible that I'm butterfly obsessed.
So these things mark off about 1% of my list of things to buy for the new house and my to do list still to accomplish.  But, hey, I’m getting there.

3 comments:

  1. I love your porch swing. I can't believe that you guys don't have a Trader Joes. I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @softflexgirl, I know, right? It's because of Colorado's liquor laws. You can't have alcohol in the grocery stores. So Trader Joes won't come because they make most of their money in booze. BOO! Every year when the state legislature starts they try to change it, but it will affect small businesses poorly, blah, blah, blah. When I first moved here you couldn't buy alcohol on Sunday, either, but they just changed the law in the last year or two so maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll never get a Trader Joe's either. Sigh. But Denver's awfully close... an IKEA and a friend awfully close? That's hard to pass up. I'll have to see what I can do. :)
    Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete