Friday, September 2, 2011

September, Thanks for coming!


I woke up yesterday morning, threw the covers back and leapt out of bed.  It’s September, folks.  I have put August behind me.  August can suck it!

There’s a slight crispness to the mornings, even though we’re still experiencing 90 degrees here in D-town during the days.  That’s ok, though, my parents just bought me a “house-cooling” present: a window AC unit big enough to cool my whole downstairs.  I walk in my house, bracing myself for the 84 degrees that it’s been all summer, and immediately start grinning because it’s now only 72.  Hooray!  I feel like I can actually live here, now.  I can do things like take a shower in the middle of the day, I can do a load of laundry when it’s not raining outside (before, that was my stipulation:  if it cooled down enough outside where I could open the windows, then I could justify turning on the dryer), I can run my dishwasher.  It’s delightful.  I’m sleeping better, too.  It no longer looks like a hoarder lives in my bedroom, with laundry piles going to the ceiling.

I have a fun weekend planned, with movies and house projects and haircuts (for myself this time…this is a big event- I never get to get my own haircut!). 

I feel like I can breathe again for the first time in several weeks.  Yay for September!

No comments:

Post a Comment