Thursday, September 22, 2011

When Life Gives You the Lemons...

Make Passion Tea Lemonade!

I made this delicious treat daily this summer when it was so hot, but it has proven to be just as refreshing even with the cool down that we’ve been having.

You can get it at Starbucks, but it’s a little tough on the budget as often as I crave it, so I make it at home.  They sell the tea bags at Starbucks or at your local grocery store.**

Passion Tea Lemonade:
4 Tazo Passion Teabags in 2 ½ cups boiling water (let steep)
One packet Crystal Lite Lemonade (enough to make 2 quarts)

I have found that I like the tea/lemonade ratio best when I add the tea in first, then make the lemonade in my 2 quart pitcher (meaning I make the lemonade with 2 ½ cups less water because of the tea, it’s slightly stronger that way, or I should say it’s just right once it’s weakened by the ice).  But, play around with your own ratio until you find exactly how you like it yourself.  Plus, then you can say “ratio” a lot, which is one of my favorite words.

Pour over ice and enjoy!

*I finally met my neighbors to the north of me and two doors to the south when I saw them out working in their yards and brought them some of this in red solo cups.  I am their new favorite!

**A special shout out to Elizabeth for giving me the idea to make it at home!

1 comment:

  1. This is Storm's favorite drink, I am going to have to try it!! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete