Friday, February 17, 2012

My Man

The other day, I was driving to work, and I heard this song:




Usually, when I hear the hard ones, I immediately change the station, or sometimes turn the radio off entirely.  But this day was different.  For some reason, I needed to hear it.  I needed to have the memory.  I needed to slog through the memories that were now painful, even though they were once sweet.  I think that I needed to be reminded, because I had completely forgotten, that once, there was a man who felt this way about me.  He would sing it to me.  We danced to it in the living room of his tiny little apartment.

I guess I had forgotten.  Being the only one left in this marriage, I forget that there were two of us once, both loving.  It's silly, but I forget that I wasn’t the only one in the marriage at one point.

I got a message from one of Sawan’s friends from highschool on Facebook recently, and she said to call her if I was ever in her town, she’d love to meet the “woman of Sawan’s dreams.” And it totally took me by surprise.  I thought, “I was, wasn’t I?” 

And so, for the first time in several months, I’ve gotten my wedding ring back out and put it on.  I have just needed the reminder for a few days that once, someone loved me more than anyone else in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Funny -- sometimes I get out my rings and wear them when I need to feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete