Monday, October 16, 2017

Health Saga Update--number one

I know I’m posting an update on the same day that I put up the original post, but I had written it a week ago and forgot to put it up. It was easier to just do it this way rather than edit. Sorry about it.

I got the results of the last saliva tests. The way it works is I have to put this thing in my mouth between 11 and midnight two nights in a row, keep them in the fridge, and then turn them into the lab.

One of the samples tested at the very highest point of normal, and the other one tested in the not-normal range.

Woo. Hoo.

That was enough for the endocrinologist to recommend going to a neurosurgeon.


I’m stoked. I know that it seems strange to be rooting for bad test results so that I can have brain surgery. The thing is, it means that they have a clue about what’s wrong with me and we can make a plan. After a year and a half, that’s excellent news.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read about your health struggles. This sounds absolutely miserable. By the way I had Cigna at one job and I thought it was the absolute worst insurance I've had to-date. Hope they figure out what's wrong so they can fix you & you can go back to working out and living life.

    ReplyDelete