Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Clips...

I have nothing major to say, but here’s some clips from life in the last few days:

I had to take Arthur to the vet.  He keeps throwing up every 3-5 days.  I thought maybe I needed to have him allergy tested, that maybe he was allergic to something at the new house.  Turns out it’s anxiety.  He hasn’t been left alone (there were always friends/family/roommates around) since Sawan died and he’s having a hard time with it.  For real?  Could I be any more high maintenance?  I have high anxiety, and so does my dog.  I need a service animal for my service animal.  I’m thinking of getting him a hamster with a little tiny vest.  In the meantime we’re trying temporary meds to get him through the transition, and so far, so good.

I’ve been working on my yard.  I’ve decided that I’m going to worry about the back yard at a later date and start with the front, because that feels manageable.  I’m enjoying the way it feels to have sore muscles from doing manual labor.  I’m loving being out in the outdoors and having something to show for it (it reminds me of shoveling snow). 

Last Monday, while working in the yard, I decided that I wanted to take advantage of the sunshine.  I put on a swimsuit top with my shorts, and got to work.  As I was finishing up, putting all of the clippings and weeds in a garbage bag, a bug landed on that spot on my back that I couldn’t reach with my gloved hand.  I tried and tried, but I just couldn’t get it off.  So I did a little wiggle.  The wiggle made the bug move, luckily, but it also made my top come untied.  I totally flashed the whole neighborhood.  Luckily no one was walking by, but if anyone was standing at their window, they saw my girls for sure.  So, what a way to introduce myself to the neighborhood!

I also re-seeded it on Monday.  I want to go down there and check it every hour or so.  It’s not growing yet.  I know it’s not going to look like a full yard already, but I want to see little sprouts.  Come on, guys, grow!

That’s pretty much it with the Nail household.  We’re holding up!

3 comments:

  1. Do you have pictures of the yard? I like to see progress!

    Also, have you tried leaving the tv or radio on for Arthur when you leave him alone? It does really help Honey. She gets really stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Softflexgirl, NO! You suggested that and I forgot. I'm gonna try that tomorrow. Sawan used to do that for Arthur, so I'm sure that would help. I definitely will do that. Thanks! And I'll post pictures of my raked dirt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You got the house! I know you were concerned when I ran into you at the dreaded IRS. Also, RE your Happy List post...I love that you love Sonic Ice! People think my sister and I are nuts when we talk about "the good ice."

    ReplyDelete