Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for..visits from kiddos


I’m enjoying a visit from my niece and nephew.  And sister in law.  (Hi Masha!  I didn’t forget you!)  They are helping to cheer me up in what is a very difficult few days.  As my dad put it today, with going to England the last two years (and flying on Thanksgiving Day) I’ve actually skipped this holiday the last two years, so this is my “last one to truly stare down.”

Noey:  I think I’ll go home and go to bed.
Mom:  But if you stay, I’ll make popcorn.
Addy (my two and a half year old neice):  I love popcorn.  It’s my favorite thing in the whole world.  Popcorn is my favorite and elephants are my favorite.

Ah, to be 2.  And not need logic.


1 comment:

  1. You should pick a few favorite things too, and do your best to surround yourself with them and be gentle to yourself. I love you.

    ReplyDelete