Monday, April 11, 2011

Arthur Earp

Until my new little house closes (hopefully on Friday), Arthur and I are staying at my mom and dad’s.  Arthur has decided he’s the sheriff of grammie’s back yard.

As soon as I let him out, he runs out to the middle of the yard and fires a warning shot in the air “Arrooooo.”  Squirrels, dogs next door, beware.  He has his crusty, cranky deputy, Tana  (my mom’s Springer spaniel) riding shotgun.  She’s not so sure about this new little Rough Rider, but she’ll play along.

He runs as fast as he can from one corner of the yard to the other, checking on the squirrels in the tree in the far corner, then the dogs that live on the other side of the fence.  Then he runs back to the middle and does a quick maneuver of his six shooters, spinning them back and forth before re-holstering them.  Look out!  There’s a new sheriff in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment