Monday, January 9, 2012

"It's trying to make out every word, when you should simply hum along."



This is my favorite song these days.  It’s been playing on the XM station at work for months, and the guy sounds so much like Jackson Brown that it’s uncanny.  I finally went and looked it up a few weeks ago, and I think I’m in love.  It’s that perfect combination of sweet voice, beautiful melody and great lyrics.

I played it for my dad the other day, and he said that it was just so sad.  I told him, “No, the first verse you think is gonna be sad, but there’s a rescue.  The second is sad.  The third is really happy.  It’s ‘A little bit of everything,’ and it gives me hope, that there’s gonna be some more happy in my life, too, not just sad.”  He thought that was great, and reminded me that there will probably be more sad things that I’ll have to deal with, too.

I know he’s right.  I told him I didn’t want to talk about it. 

I give you…Dawes.  A Little Bit of Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment