Monday, January 16, 2012

Resolutions


How’s everyone doing on those New Year’s Resolutions? 

I’m going to brag for a moment:  I only really made the one that I wanted to take some classes to make my blog better.  I started last Wednesday.  Suckers!

I just started taking a writing class.  I’m slightly overwhelmed by the amount of work that it is, but I’m super excited!  I really, really loved it when I went last week.  It is my first non-hair related class that I’ve taken since I took Russian as a second language the year after highschool.  I felt tempted to cover my “text book” in brown grocery bags and have someone take my picture since it was the first day of school. 

Doing prep for this class looked slightly different then the last time that I took a class, though, I enjoyed lots of coffee in my French press.  It kept me company while I read other’s essays to give feedback on and wrote all day on Wednesday.

 
That's right.  I brought them all up to my nightstand so I could read and write in bed.  And, I am so high maintenance that I require two kinds of cream for my coffee.  Mostly plain Coffeemate, but a tiny bit of the flavored kind.  



I’m thinking I might forgo the photography class.  I’ve been doing some research and don’t like any of the options that I’ve seen.  I think what I need to do is some practice before I take a class.  Plus, I’ve been doing some reading about the actual photography and think that I can improve with just some suggestions that I’ve read, without actually taking a class yet.  So, that’s on hold.  I’ll keep you posted.

I hope your “resolution keeping” is right on track.  I hope you’ve let go what you need to (be gentle and kind to yourselves!) and decided to do what you need to, not because it’s New Year’s, but because it’s what you need.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel big things coming! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make no resolutions, mostly because I'm too lazy and/or forgetful and/or the only resolution I really care about is to "live faithfully." Applies to lots, everything really, and is nearly impossible to measure unless I'm absolutely faithless. :) Love to you! The editor in me loves that you're taking a writing class.

    ReplyDelete