Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shoveling


So I lied.  Or I should say, I misspoke.

I am SO SORE.  I shoveled some more.  After my fun morning of shoveling on Sunday, I was rarin’ to go for some more.  Luckily, I didn’t have to wait long.  Monday was a really warm day, and melted off quite a bit of what we got over the weekend, but we were supposed to get 6-8 inches by Tuesday morning.  Since I don’t start work until 10:30 on Tuesdays, I had a delightful morning of drinking coffee and then I got to work shoveling.  I shoveled my front walk and the neighbor’s, then I walked the block to the shop and did that one as well, and the neighbors there, too (we’re in a duplex at the shop and I couldn’t NOT do it, I thought it looked tacky).   It was great fun.  I woke up this morning and just about every muscle in my body hurt.

The good news is twofold.  One, I already had an appointment with my bodywork guy (bodywork is kind of like a combination of massage and chiropractor) for today so he got me all fixed up.  This also motivated me to clean my bathroom (I needed to shave my legs beforehand and thus the bathroom got cleaned).  The other thing is, it always feels good to me to have a little soreness in my muscles.  It makes me feel like I’ve done something.  This is motivating me to work-out for the first time in a year, so YAY!

Other than cleaning the bathroom and a massage, all I did was go to Target for groceries, and I feel like I’ve had the longest day and am so exhausted.  How is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment