Friday, June 3, 2011

A Confession to Make...


I have been looking forward to this weekend for months! 

My favorite band, Dispatch is back together for a brief tour this summer, kicking off with three nights at Red Rocks!  A bunch of my friends have come from all over the country/world to enjoy the show, and I’m going two of the nights.  I am one of those nerds that I always made fun of.

One of the things that I’m most looking forward to is that Sawan didn’t actually really like Dispatch, he mostly humored me, so this is something that I can enjoy as my own and not really have to be feeling super sad the whole time.

Never heard of Dispatch?  That’s ok, most people haven’t.  They were an independent band (never signed with a label) and they split up like ten years ago, but still get together occasionally for mostly non-profit stuff.  (So some people have heard of them, their fund raiser for Zimbabwe sold out Madison Square Garden 3 nights in a row in 2007.  I didn’t get to go as I was busy being on my honeymoon that weekend.)  I’ve posted their most popular song, for your listening pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment